Friday, October 31, 2008

UIL Writing Competition

What is the prompt? Write a story for your school's UIL competition. (Texas)
Prizes? Last year, the winners received $250. The winners from 2008 will be presenting their stories Saturday at the Texas Book Festival.
Entry Deadline: March. However, stop by to hear the 2008 winners at 2:00 in our State Capitol in the Capitol Extension Room.
Ages: Junior High and High School
Website: Texas Book Festival

I will post more specific information closer to the date of the competition. If you live in or around Austin, I encourage you to attend the Texas Book Festival. I will be camped out there all weekend. (It is like Christmas for me!) A great place to eat while you are there is the Texas Chili Parlor.

1 comment:

? said...

I love your initiative